Saturday, June 18, 2016

Halfway Reflection


1) Tenaciousness is a competency. What are the behaviors that you have used (or developed) to keep up with the requirements of this course? 
I have improved my self evaluation skills since enrolling in this class. I never really listen to the sound, volume, pitch, or tone of my own voice when speaking. However, screening all the audio recordings of interviews I do for this class has, through repetition allowed me to enhance my eloquence.
2) Tenaciousness is also about attitude. Talk about a moment or two when you felt like "giving up." What pulled you through? Do you feel like you've developed a tenacious attitude during the past two months? What experience or experiences most contributed to this?
I came into this online class with a tremendous amount of confidence in my ability to navigate the class. I have been taking online classes at numerous colleges over the past several years in addition to my online schooling completed in high school. Needless to say I'm experienced with online submission protocols and where lessons or assignments belong. However, because this class is structured differently and requires me to use different mediums like, "Soundcloud" to present to my work I was thrown off guard. I remember how it felt in my early days of taking online classes and how frustrating technology can be when its not functioning the way you desire.
3) Three tips. What are three tips you would offer next semester's student about (1) fostering the skills that support tenacity and (2) developing the 'tenacious mindset' ?
The first tip I would offer a future student of this class is get in the habit of investigating interesting headlines by reading. Today society has television and internet to throw information in our face and many of us haven't employed discerning eye about what data is relevant in a while. Get a decent tape recorder is my second tip. Lastly, my third piece of advice is to make an alarm to not miss extra-credit assignments.    
                                              Image result for thinker statue

1 comment:

  1. This class is great in the way that it requires you to become familiar with your technical ability. Its truly been a blessing to know what I knew about online classes prior to this class, I cannot stress enough how imperative it is to have connectivity among devices in order to make fluid data transfers to make it efficient when posting assignments, I encourage you to use youtube, seems slightly easier to use than soundcloud.

    ReplyDelete