Saturday, June 11, 2016

"Need Awareness and Information Search"

Unfortunately, my recordings still wouldn’t upload correctly. You’ll hear the first recording cuts off early and the third interview couldn’t upload at all.

https://soundcloud.com/acottman1/interview-6-8-161
https://soundcloud.com/acottman1/interview-2-6-8-161


However, I still want inform everyone about what I’ve learned from these interviews. My attention was brought to another problem my hypothesis will solve. I hadn’t thought about how creating an insurance company to cater specifically to one group of athletes could help customers avoid a tedious process. From my own personal experience and that of those I have interviewed getting insurance can be a complicated time consuming process. It helps when you have an employer or outside source to narrow down applicable options for you. Furthermore, I learned that the problem my hypothesis intends to solve stems into other countries and my insurance company may be an applicable solution for the independent contractors in Japan or Canada.

4 comments:

  1. Hello Angelo,

    Like I've said before, I love your idea and I can't believe it still even a problem for athletes. I think creating a separate insurance company catering to athletes is perfect. I think it would be better because insurance companies often don't want to provide coverage for athletes who may be prone to injury.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Angelo, again I really like your idea and that it is something you are very passionate about. I think making an insurance just for athletes is a very smart idea. I like that you were able to gather this information from the people you interviewed. I think that it is interesting that athletes don't have their own separate insurance especially since their doing more strenuous activities than us. I also like that you are thinking of bringing this other places than just America.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angelo,

    What a great idea. Getting insurance is such a pain so I am open to anything that can make the process a little easier. I am sorry your interviews didn’t upload properly but from what I can tell you did a great job with them. It is awesome that you learned about how the need you identified could actually apply to people in other countries.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Angelo - I think this is a great idea and I am shocked that athletes do not really have their own type of insurance since they are consistently putting their body through very demanding activities. You did a great job with the interviews even though you had some problems. I think your concept would very successful. Great post!

    ReplyDelete