Saturday, May 14, 2016

My Entrepreneurship Story

                                                                          


Greetings Readers,

Entrepreneurship is commonly defined as the development, organization, and management of a business venture. One of the notable instances where I've been exposed to entrepreneurship comes courtesy of my friend's parents. They are the founders and current owner of Native Green Cay Nursery in Boynton Beach Florida. Michael and Sylvia Jameson are wholesalers of native Florida trees and shrubs grown on their personal farmland. At their business, the Jameson's are responsible for managing anywhere between 6,000-8,000 plants at any given time. The nursery's clientele is typically made up of landscapers from south and central Florida.  Being close friends with the family for 10 years, I've gotten a behind the scene look at how their operation is run, as well as contributed as a part time employee to the business. Working on a farm, in addition to simply being around an agricultural profession, helped me to become more in sync with nature and focus my mindset on a healthier lifestyle.


As for addressing my presence in this class, I enrolled because the credits count toward my Bachelor's Degree in Sports Management. A rather mundane explanation, but I do hope to reap more from this class than merely a good grade. Entrepreneurs are associated with being the worlds innovators. Therefore,  I am expecting that some of the skills taught in this course specifically those that assist one in how to swiftly adapt can help me thrive in the ever changing sports world.

3 comments:

  1. The nursery in Boynton Beach sounds like a very successful experience for you. Its really cool that you were so close with the family that you pretty much saw the business's behind the scenes up close. Sports management was always something that has interested me. I wish you the best of luck using the skills you learn from this course and using them in the sports world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's really interesting! I've always been interested in nurseries ever since I was little. Its awesome that they are in a business that allows them to improve the environment rather than take from it. You must have learned a lot about the industry and about running a business though them. I'm sure this class will be relevant to your career. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete