Sunday, July 10, 2016

Growing My Social Capital

For this assignment I was required to contact three individuals to increase the radius of my business network.

My first contact was with Cal Becker a Nationwide insurance agent. This satisfied my domain expert as Nationwide sells insurance to amateur athletes. My family does some business with nationwide as our insurance provider. I'm sure any questions I pertaining to types of insurance that can be sold and ways to get as many people insured as possible, is of the utmost importance to Cal.

My second contact was actually Charles Wright, a former professional wrestler. He functions as the expert on my market because he know every ache and pain my customer base is facing. I met him as a fan at an event in Miami this month and begun a dialogue. He actually sees some legitimacy to my in my idea.

My final contact was a supplier in my industry was another wrestler Diamond Dallas Paige. He tries to supply the wrestlers with an alternative form of managing their health. He produces has his own brand of yoga targeted towards helping retired wrestlers and extreme athletes improve their quality of life. I met him at the shortly after establishing contact with Mr. Wright. Including both these beloved reputable entertainers in my network will open doors to my customer market. Their goodwill is as good as gold.

This process networking has been different than usual because I have have the opportunity to interact with celebrities that I wouldn't have had the courage to speak my mind to. Below is a picture of me and Charles Wright a person me and many other consider a trailblazer for African Americans trying to break into sports
entertainment. It was an honor to meet him.










No comments:

Post a Comment